Horizon Sendai Primary School is a Japanese Article-one school providing compulsory elementary education. We use the same textbooks that are used in public schools including those translated to English when available. We have received a “Special Designated School” status from the Ministry of Education (Monbukagakusho) to implement an English Immersion Program. Depending on the subject we use English and/or Japanese as the language of instruction.
Curriculum Table (As of 2023-2024)
|IB Life Studies||210||210||-||-||-||-||En|
|Art & Design||77||79||61||61||51||51||En|
|Second Foreign Language||-||-||25||25||30||30||Tur/Chi|
- One lesson is 40 minutes.
- English, Mathematics and Science are allocated more hours than national standards.
- ICT and 2nd Foreign Language are new subjects.
- En/Ja: Subject mainly taught in English, Japanese used occasionally.
- Ja/En: Subject mainly taught in Japanese, English used occasionally.
- Some subjects are taught by specialist teachers.
- We implement inquiry based learning to the "Life Studies" and "Special Activities". The total annual lesson hours is about 210 hours.
Table of Daily Lesson Hours
|8:30||Attendance / Health Check / Morning Meeting|
|12:10||Lunch / Lunch Recess|
|15:20||Afternoon meeting / Cleaning|
|15:40||PM bus departs
Daycare (till 18:00)
Extended daycare (till 18:30 if use)
*Above time table can be changed.